I’ve been to the Parks a few times this October, and I’m not claiming to be an expert or anything- but I do want to pass along a couple of things that have helped make my time in the Parks more thrilling!
1. If you don’t feel like spending three hours of your time in the Park staking out a good spot in front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle to view the Halloween Screams fireworks show, don’t worry! You can still spend your day riding as many rides as you want up until a few minutes prior to showtime- then just head over to It’s A Small World and grab a spot in the midst of the little crowd there. You’ll want to make sure that you can clearly see the clock face, and that you have a pretty unobstructed view of the sky to the left of the ride. If you’d like to see what’s in store for you there- check out this video!
2. Even if you decide to get your fill of Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy during the day, you’ll want to wander over in the evening- if only to have a look at the projections on the outside of the building! They’re really cool!
3. The Disney Villains are available to sign autographs or to take pictures with during the day; you’ll find them on the mezzanine near It’s A Small World! It can be a little tedious to try and keep track of which Villians will be there at what time- but if you wander up to the Information Booth just outside the Plaza Pavillion on Main Street, you’ll see a large board with the names of rides that are closed [either temporarily or for the day], rides that are open with current wait times, and a friendly Cast Member seeing over the whole thing. If you approach that Cast Member, they will be able to tell you where all of the costumed characters are [or where they are going to be] in either of the Parks, for the day. This is especially helpful for the ever elusive Jack and Sally!
4. Sleeping Beauty’s Castle! In my opinion, Maleficent is the scariest villain of them all- and what’s a trip to Disneyland during Halloween if you don’t stop in and pay her a visit? The dioramas have been revamped and are now even more spectacular than before! [Be sure to really wait when you get to the Corridor of Goons; it takes a while to see what you’re waiting for!]
5. Try to get your Indy ride in at the very beginning of your day. For as many times as I’ve been this month, I haven’t been able to ride it one single time- and with the addition of a new Indiana Jones, it’s definitely something that you won’t want to miss.
6. Ride Haunted Mansion Holiday in the evening and see all the lighted pumpkins!
Well Innsiders, that’s all for today! Don’t forget to post comments with your own tips for making the most of Halloween Time! And please feel free to comment with any questions that you have; I’ll do my best to track down the answers!
See you in the Parks!
**Planning a family trip to the Anaheim Resort? The Howard Johnson Hotel in Anaheim would love to be your homebase for adventure! Join us on our HoJo Innsider Forums for video tours, special discount rates and expert trip planning advice! **